'Commons' invites authors and translators to cooperate. We will consider with a great pleasure both the articles of experienced researchers and publicists, and the texts of beginners. The main thing is that the materials meet our basic criteria.
What main requirenments articles for 'Commons' Journal should meet?
- Relevance. The articles should refer to current events, trends or processes. This does not mean that we refuse to publish translations of classic authors or texts on "eternal themes." The main thing is that the materials have a direct relation to reality, they offer fresh ideas and are informative and interesting.
- Critical thinking. Attention to social problems and critical view on relevant processes is one of the main features of the 'Commons', which distinguishes us from other Ukrainian media. We try to delve deeper into the structural causes of social processes, rather than reproduce the prevalent surface cliches. At the same time, we do not support unreasonable criticism and expect to see in the texts not only consistent criticis, but also suggestions for possible systemic alternatives.
- Originality. Technical, but not less important requirement for articles is that they should be published on our pages for the first time. We do not publish texts available on the other resources. However, we welcome proposals for translating interesting texts that were not previously published in Ukrainian or Russian. Also, 'Commons' strongly condemns any ways of plagiarism. Other people's thoughts should be quoted and/or accomplished with the link on used resource.
What formats of materials we publish?
- Blogs (up to 10 thousand characters) - notes on current, acute topics of journalistic format.
- Analytical articles (10-20 thousand characters) - popular texts with an analytical basis.
- Longrides (20-40 thousand characters) - articles with in-depth study of the topic and close to the academic format.
- Other - we are also open to other formats: translations, interviews, reviews, photo gallaries, etc.
For all the articles approved by the editorial board, there are money rewards that differ depending on the format and volume of the texts (for details, contact the responsible editors).
Proposals of articles (it is desirable to agree with editors on the idea of the text in advance) should be sent to our e-mail address: